How To Find The Right Virtual Private LAN Service
What is VPLS?
VPLS (Virtual Private LAN Service) is a layer 2 solution where routing is a function owned and managed by the customer. In a VPLS, the local area network (LAN) at each site is extended to the edge of the provider network. The provider network then emulates a switch or bridge to connect all of the customer LANs to create a single bridged LAN. VPLS is a way to provide Ethernet-based multipoint to multipoint communication over IP or MPLS networks.
When is VPLS the right choice?
* You want control of routing protocols
* You want to manage network neighbors and connectivity
* Convergence times will be faster than MPLS VPN
* Smaller, less complex network than what you have currently
* Enables you to leverage existing Ethernet interfaces
* Affords support for non-IP protocols
* Allows support for IP multicast
Advantages of VPLS
* Routing flexibility and control.
* Allows enterprises to quickly scale bandwidth from megabits and gigabits.
* Protocol independent, supporting IP, IPX and other protocols.
* Leverages Ethernet interfaces and enables enterprises to extend their local network into the WAN
For free assistance sourcing the right Virtual Private LAN Service for your organizational needs simply ask here - easy as 1, 2, 3....