Monday, April 02, 2012

The Future Of Video Communication

I kind of remember when I was a very young lad ...seeing the phones from AT&T labs that had cameras for two way video during a call ... I kind of remember them saying someday everyone will have these … it was long before I ever heard of Unix or IBM unleashed the PC. And today, I see users put tape over the built-in cameras on their laptops because they don't trust the things.

Video calling is built into every messaging platform on the planet - Skype, Yahoo, MSN, Google, Lync, Cisco communicator, CuCeeMe (or whatever its called these days) …I can do video communications between tablets, iPods, cell phones, desktops, laptops, and even dedicated conference room equipment …

The technology is so pervasive and so under used – I have to think it’s not a deployment problem any longer. I don’t think that will change in the next 3 years, the next 10 years, or the next 50 years – for the same reason texting is more popular than calling …the intrusion is more bother than its worth.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home